Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Dash of Voice, A Sprinkle of Dance

Okay. Two things. Quick.

One: Bobby Mcferrin owns the vocal world. I mean it. He does.
My childhood was filled with memories from "Circlesongs" to "Medicine Man," and that's just two of them. But it's only been recently that I've fallen back in love with his technique.
Most will remember him from "Don't Worry Be Happy" which is probably one of the most uplifting songs we will ever hear in our lifetime, but he is so much more than just that. He doesn't have to record his voice many times to create musical heaven. He just needs his voice, a little concentration, and a hand slapping his chest. Then there's magic.
Two videos alone prove it.



Two: I've always loved danced, but seriously, Philadanco just might be my favorite dance group next to Renee Harris' RAW. Their bodies are so strong and intimidating when you see them up close, yet they carry themselves with the grace and lightness of a feather. There's not a video here that can really showcase their abilities the way I've seen them live in performance, but I'll try anyway.
This is a five minute sample of one of their pieces.





Tune in soon for a special post about, arguably, the smoothest genre in music.

-CDM


No comments:

Post a Comment