Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pandora Preheated

Yes, Pandora. We all know Pandora.

But I didn't.

Well, not really.

I never thought that I would need Pandora. I have my iPod, I have CD's, I have cassettes from way back when. I barely listened to the radio at one point in my life because I had my iPod and the iTunes store. But radio is still a relevant and useful vessel for new music to come through, and I finally turned on the Pandora Radio and crossed my fingers, hoping for the best.

And oh my Goddess. This is the best invention since anything Apple has come up with...until a few months later when they release the iPhone-Pad-Pod-Piddle 2000. I've entered songs and artist names to create stations based on either one, and 9 times out of 10 I'm thumbing up the songs and bookmarking the artists for future purchase. Yeah, sure, ads sometimes come in between, which can be rectified by paying for a subscription to Pandora One, but it's so worth it. You can even listen to standup comedy skits from people like Chris Rock, Lewis Black, Alonzo Bodden and more.

But musically, I've gotten a few songs from a few artists that I can't stop thinking about, and so I had to share them with you.

Again, thank to Pandora for these; it's easy to make an account for free, it's easy to make your stations, and it's easy to fall in love with it.

  1. Funky DL- Record Shop (I can just chill outside or inside, swaying to the beat like a slow dance...go london!Came from Little Brother Radio.)
  2. Little Brother - The Way You Do It (Little Brother is one of my favorite groups to exist in hip-hop. This is from their DEBUT. They were like wine, though--they got better with age. Came From Skyzoo Radio.)
  3. Baby (2010) - Bobby McFerrin (So many songs were the soundtrack to my childhood. Thank goodness I can find them again through Pandora. Came From Bobby McFerrin Radio.)
  4. Like You - Bow Wow ft. Ciara (now, I knew this song before Pandora, I just wanted to put it on here. HA! Came from Diggy Radio.)
  5. Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People (sort of breezy to me, came from MIA radio. I actually have a few songs now on my computer because of this.)
  6. Shove It - Santigold (Ah, Santigold. Her music never ceases to lift my mood. And this song makes me pine for SUMMER! Came from Santigold Radio.)
  7. Jump In The Line - Harry Belafonte (Moment I heard this, I was like, "Beetlejuice?" Props to you if you know what I mean. But no, I like shaking it to this one when no one can see me! Came From Bobby McFerrin Radio.)



  8. Close Call - 88 Keys (I think this is a group with Phonte from Little Brother--after LB broke up, waaaa--and I think it's pretty fly. Will have to do more research on them, but this song is a good start. Came From LL Cool J Radio.)NO VIDEO AVAILABLE. JJUST THIS LINK FOR A LISTEN: http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/audio/detail.asp?ID=13300
  9. You Da One-Rihanna (This is actually a really cute, fun song. My favorite on the album hands down. Kinda reminds me of Man Down mixed with What's My Name, don't you think? Came From Frank Ocean Radio.)
  10. Stutter-Joe (Yes, the same Joe who did "I Wanna Know" and "All The Things Your Man Won't Do." From late nineties to early 2000's he was one of those memorable crooners in RnB. I heard the remix to this song before this original, and now I'm not sure which one is cooler. Help! Came From Joe Radio.)

Hey, this might be a new dimension on the blog! "Pandora Preheated: 3/28." How does that sound? Ah, anyway, there's your treat for today. Tune in soon for the next discovery!

-CDM

No comments:

Post a Comment