Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Coffee Music

Being a blogger is fun. But it's a hobby, not a full-time job. It's not like being a college student or a business woman; it neither pays nor causes stress. So why is it that when I'm writing up my next post in a coffee shop or a cafe, and I look over the top of my laptop and catch eyes with a business woman or a college student, I feel like I'm one of them?
What is it about coffee shops and cafes that bring out the inner cool in people who work there? Is it because an expresso next to our notebook signifies your determination NOT to pass out until your report is perfect? Is it because you're surrounded by chattering pairs and it's cool to imagine they're looking at you and thinking, "Wow, who's that cool dude with the laptop? Bet he's got a great work ethic…I want to meet him!" 
At first, getting a coffee meant getting the coffee and leaving. Now, it means bringing my "office" and enough money for the next five hours (don't think all that time is devoted to blogging--I do have other tasks). Still not sure whether that has helped or hurt my work ethic. But that's not even the point.
The POINT was that I now have a playlist for when I enter a cafe or a coffee place because dammit, THAT'S WHAT I DO: tae situations and find songs to enhance the scenery. 
I wanted to share some of them with you all, and find out what your personal playlists are, if you have any. Do you feel like playing more uptempo songs to go with the high of your americano? Maybe more melodic ballads as you sip your chai tea lattes? How about a soothing romantic mid-tempo jam as you relax with your salted caramel mocha?
(i go to cafes too much.)
But here are a few songs that are included in my cappuccino world. There's an autumn-y feel due to the changing weather, and as you can see, I couldn't' narrow it down to a single-digit numbered list. Forgive. :)

Homework- Big Deal


Eyes Without A Face-Billy Idol

Past Paradise-Eric Roberson

Trust Me-The Fray

Storm (Pocketknife's TuBa 303 Remix)-Jose Gonzalez

Beautifully Undone-Lindy

Be The One-Melanie C

Too Easy-ONe Republic

Ghost STory-Sting

Caramel-Suzanna Vega

From the Morning-Nick Drake

Remember The Love-Adriana Evans

You Don't Know My Name-Alicia Keys

Lovely Day-Bill Withers

Where You Wanna Be-Brandy

Where I Wanna Be-Donell Jones

Truth Is-Fantasia

Lo Mein-Georgia Anne Muldrow


Now you tell me: what's your coffee playlist?

-CDM


No comments:

Post a Comment